- Fear. There is nothing to fear when the body dies. However, some people have belief systems that make them create fear from their ignorance about the transition. Hospice workers tell us that the people most fearful at death of the body are often ardent Christians. These poor folks often worry that they haven’t been good enough to make it to heaven, and they are terrified of going to hell. Finding themselves alive after death and in a relatively peaceful place, they might decide that it seems safer to just stay put on Earth without moving forward. They don’t realize the truth that there is no hell and they will not be judged. The life after this life is full of joy, happy reunions, and wonderful experiences. They just don’t know it and won’t go on.
- Being too certain about what comes after death. There are thought-form places to which the most closed-minded people gravitate before they can complete their transitions. Some groups of Christians believe they are sleeping, waiting for the rapture. Atheist scientists are together trying to figure out from a materialist point of view what has happened to them. Some people are waiting to see St. Peter’s Gates. The astral traveler, Bob Monroe, called these places “hollow heavens.” The people in groups invent these places. They are not our destiny when we realize the realities of the afterlife.
- Being certain that death is extinction. Some people expect to blink out like a light. They are certain they will experience nothing after death, so a kind of nothing is just what their minds create for them! They’re very much alive, but they might wander in a fog for days, months, or even centuries. They are making the choice to believe the falsehoods, so they stay in the condition of their own free will.
- Being begged by loved ones not to die. A medium visiting the ruins of an old hospital found a forlorn little boy still lying in his phantom hospital bed. His body had died perhaps a century before. The last thing his mother had said to him as she was leaving his failing body for a few minutes was, “Don’t go until I get back!” So he wasn’t willing to go on from his hospital bed. The kindest thing that we can do for the dying is to give them permission to move on.
- Being distracted by the pain of their mourners. Newly-transitioned people are as clueless about what to do next as are infants fresh from the birth canal. If our grief distracts them, they can stay in place close to the grieving loved ones and outside of time until their loved ones release them and eventually someone rescues them.
- Being addicted to anything. Whether it is alcohol, drugs, sex, or something else, being severely addicted to any earthly pleasure can cause the person whose body has died to refuse to follow his spirit guide and deathbed visitors, and to try instead to remain on earth and vicariously have sensual experiences through someone else’s living body to try to replicate the desired earthly pleasure. No one can see them now, so it can be playtime forever! They haunt bars, places where people shoot up, and other Earth environments where addicted people are living. Sadly, though, this doesn’t actually work. Eventually they go on to the next life.
- Being killed in battle. They are in the thick of it, perhaps running across a battlefield, when a bullet or explosion kills their body. And they keep on running! They don’t realize they are out of the body. During the two World Wars, some British mediums were chosen by discarnate rescuers as being best able to help these deluded beings to realize that they had died, and to help them complete their transitions.
- Being executed. Capital punishment is the worst kind of pollution there is. People communicating from the afterlife call it “murder by law.” Someone is killed at what is not a planned exit point, and at the height of the worst possible negative emotions, including rage and fear, so they are extremely likely to range freely as a deeply negative earthbound spirit who is bent on doing terrible mischief.
Humankind is entering a spiritual phase in which everyone will discover the genuine God behind all of existence. This article explains why we know that’s true.